Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Rows missing in the tables during import (Oracle version 9.2.0.1)
Rows missing in the tables during import [message #291575] Sat, 05 January 2008 01:32 Go to next message
pournami
Hi,

While importing data from one user to another, some of the rows are missing from certain tables even though no error has been reported in the log file.

for eg: a table has a column with varchar2 datatypw and size 2byte. the column will hav data either 'Y' or'N'..

after importing all the records having 'Y' data in the column is not present .

the total no:of rows present in that table is 100 and in the log file its shown as 100 rows has been imported. but wen i cheked for total rows in the table in the new user created, i saw ther r only 80 rows and the rows having the 'y' value is missing..

please suggest me a solution for the above.
thank you
Pournami

Re: Rows missing in the tables during import [message #291578 is a reply to message #291575] Sat, 05 January 2008 01:38 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
We don't trust you.
Prove it and copy and paste all what you did.

Also, verify you don't have a VPD on the table that does not allow you to see Y rows. Check the number of rows using SYS (for this purpose only).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Loading variable and fixed data
Next Topic: Number (10,5)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 15:30:58 CDT 2024