Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQL LOADER - SILENT option (sql loader, linux)
SQL LOADER - SILENT option [message #287282] Tue, 11 December 2007 16:47 Go to next message
dde_diana
Hello!

How can I suppress all the messages generated by SQL LOADER? Actually, I want to suppress only the HEADER and the FEEDBACK, but any option that I user does not suppress the header.
In my control file I used OPTIONS (SILENT=ALL), OPTIONS (SILENT=(HEADER, FEEDBACK)), but in any of these cases the header is not suppressed.
Moreover, when I use in the control file the option SILENT=ALL, in the log file I can find this line Silent options: FEEDBACK, ERRORS and DISCARDS, so no HEADER option.

Can anyone give a suggestion regarding this?

Thank you!
Re: SQL LOADER - SILENT option [message #287283 is a reply to message #287282] Tue, 11 December 2007 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
What options do you use in your command line? Any options in your command line will override any options in your control file.

Re: SQL LOADER - SILENT option [message #287284 is a reply to message #287282] Tue, 11 December 2007 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dde_diana
In the command line I specify the control file, the log file, the bad file and the number of allowed errors. This could not affect the options from the control file, could it?

Re: SQL LOADER - SILENT option [message #287285 is a reply to message #287284] Tue, 11 December 2007 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Are you trying to suppress the header on your screen or in the log file? The following is from the online documentation:

HEADER - Suppresses the SQL*Loader header messages that normally appear on the screen. Header messages still appear in the log file.

Re: SQL LOADER - SILENT option [message #287286 is a reply to message #287282] Tue, 11 December 2007 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dde_diana
On the screen.
Re: SQL LOADER - SILENT option [message #287287 is a reply to message #287286] Tue, 11 December 2007 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
I don't know whether to consider this an Oracle bug or a documentation bug, but the silent header option only seems to work from the command line, not the control file. I suggest that you specify it in your command line instead.
Re: SQL LOADER - SILENT option [message #287288 is a reply to message #287282] Tue, 11 December 2007 18:15 Go to previous message
dde_diana
It is working fine if I add the SILENT=ALL option to the command line instead of in the control file. What I don't understand is that in the log file created appears this line Silent options: FEEDBACK, ERRORS and DISCARDS, but not Silent options: ALL or HEADER added in the list. But, indeed, it suppressed the header lines.

Thank you very much!
Previous Topic: Only half the records from dat file is loaded into table using sqlldr
Next Topic: Remote export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 16:45:47 CDT 2024