Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Insuff Privs for a View
Insuff Privs for a View [message #2242] Mon, 01 July 2002 11:14 Go to next message
Chris
I know this sounds simple, but I am stuck... There is a table TABLEA. It has public select but no grant option. The owner of TABLEA has created a view VIEWA that displays most of the data in TABLEA. Some users can see the view, some cannot. Since the grant option is turned off on the table, granting a priv is not the solution. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Insuff Privs for a View [message #2244 is a reply to message #2242] Mon, 01 July 2002 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd Barry
You just need a grant on the view issued by the owner of the view:

grant select on viewa to public; -- or to whatever role
Re: Insuff Privs for a View [message #2257 is a reply to message #2242] Tue, 02 July 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Hagood
I am the owner of the view. Becuase the base table the view references has the GRANTABLE option set to 'NO', I cannot grant privs on the view. One solution is to have the owner of the table change the GRANTABLE option, but I was hoping to find another solution. Thanks for your reply!
--Chris
Re: Insuff Privs for a View [message #2259 is a reply to message #2242] Tue, 02 July 2002 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd Barry
Chris, which database are you using?
Re: Insuff Privs for a View [message #2262 is a reply to message #2242] Tue, 02 July 2002 11:12 Go to previous message
Chris Hagood
I am the owner of the view. Becuase the base table the view references has the GRANTABLE option set to 'NO', I cannot grant privs on the view. One solution is to have the owner of the table change the GRANTABLE option, but I was hoping to find another solution. Thanks for your reply!
--Chris
BTW... I am using version 8.1.5
Previous Topic: Revoke Truncate from Owner of the Table
Next Topic: Database Security
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:04:13 CDT 2024