Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Using two different version of Oracle ODBC Drivers on Windows.
Using two different version of Oracle ODBC Drivers on Windows. [message #270593] Thu, 27 September 2007 11:08 Go to next message
threadom
Hello,

I currently encounter a problem during utilisation of two software on Windows. These products use both a database 9i but each one have

different specified drivers. One of them uses oracles ODBC 8i drivers, the other use ODBC 9i drivers. The drivers are stored on a file-server

and the windows register database is modified consequently. I can't change the softwares or the drivers recommended by those.

To use the two applications at the same time, I am obliged to modify my environment variable “oracle_home” before launching the applications.

Another solution is to create oracle_home in a case and the other case to remove it in the other.

I would like to free me from this constraint in the cleanest possible way.
Do you know how doing that?

thank you for your answers.

Cordially.
Eric
Re: Using two different version of Oracle ODBC Drivers on Windows. [message #270615 is a reply to message #270593] Thu, 27 September 2007 11:47 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
There are 3 possibities:
- use only 8i drivers
- use only 9i drivers
- use both

Pick one.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Unattended uninstall Oracle Client 8.1.7
Next Topic: Oracle 9i 32 bit running on a Windows 2003 64 bit system
Goto Forum: