Home » RDBMS Server » Security » still doubt in roles
still doubt in roles [message #23073] Sat, 16 November 2002 01:26 Go to next message
sha
Hi,
If I grant connect,resoure to user then, when Iconnect to that user.I am able to insert,update etc.I want to restrict that user with some privileges.How to do that?User should not have the permissions to create or alter,drop tables or views etc.Iwant to give only select and update permission to the new user.
One more doubt,I have some tables.When Icreate those tables should be visible for all the newly created users?
thanx in advance
regards,
Shastri
Re: still doubt in roles [message #23076 is a reply to message #23073] Sat, 16 November 2002 08:49 Go to previous message
Chandan Singh
Regarding your first Question
Restricting user from some privileges.Give user only those privileges that u want to give like
Grant create,drop to username.
Or
Give these privileges to Role by creating roles first then assiging these privileges to roles and then assiging these roles to Users. Roles help in assiging privileges to many user.
Regarding Your Q2
U can grant select on those tables to Public
Grant select on tablename to public. But u must have grant privilege to grant this privilege
I hope This will clear your doubt. If Not just mail me. I will try to make it Clear.
Bye
Previous Topic: still same error in roles
Next Topic: Authentication in Stored Procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:14:28 CDT 2024