Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How Can I Accumulate data from several .dmp files
How Can I Accumulate data from several .dmp files [message #228518] Tue, 03 April 2007 04:56 Go to next message
oraalam
I explain an EXAMPLE BELOW-

say, I have 3 off line oracle server( Say - A1,A2,A3) and 1 Central server.

Every Month I receiv three .dmp files ( say- A1.dmp, A2.dmp, A3.dmp)

Now I want to accumulate this three .dmp files data in my central server In Every month .All .dmp files and in my central server have same table structure.

ITS URGENT....ANY BODY CAN GIVE ME RIGHT SOLUTIONS.

M.alam
Re: How Can I Accumulate data from several .dmp files [message #228534 is a reply to message #228518] Tue, 03 April 2007 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What is "accumulating"? Do you want to IMPORT those .dmp's into the database on your central server, or do you just want to keep .dmp files in a directory on hard disk? Something else?

I believe that the second option is already resolved; if you'd like to import data, what stops you from doing that? Import first file, then second one, and finally third .dmp. Import doesn't replace existing records, but will fail if UNIQUE constraint is violated.

So: could you explain it a little bit more?
Re: How Can I Accumulate data from several .dmp files [message #228535 is a reply to message #228518] Tue, 03 April 2007 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

1/ THERE IS NO URGENT PROBLEM HERE. IT IS A COOPERATIVE AND FREE FORUM. IF YOU WANT AN URGENT HELP CALL AN ORACLE OR OTHER CONSULTANT AND PAY FOR HIM/HER.

2/ you can't merge dmp files.

Regards
Michel
Re: How Can I Accumulate data from several .dmp files [message #228540 is a reply to message #228534] Tue, 03 April 2007 05:49 Go to previous message
oraalam
Thanks dear,

Actually, I want my 2nd option. but when It may UNIQUE constraint Problem.

I will inform after check.

Thanks
Bye
Previous Topic: How can i Do.
Next Topic: SQL-LOADER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 16:18:32 CDT 2024