Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Deleting a User entry from OID using dbms_ldap
Deleting a User entry from OID using dbms_ldap [message #228284] Mon, 02 April 2007 07:33 Go to next message
chillindan
Hi I am trying to delete a user from the Internet Directory. The code I am using is below

v_user_base := opf_portal.pkg_opf_utils.get_global_variable('OID_USER_BASE');
v_user_attr := opf_portal.pkg_opf_utils.get_global_variable('OID_USER_ATTR');

--delete user from oid
s_session := DBMS_LDAP.init(portal.wwsec_oid.GET_OID_HOST, portal.wwsec_oid.GET_OID_PORT);

n_retval := DBMS_LDAP.simple_bind_s(s_session, '<dn of user with delete user provilege>', '*******');

n_retval := DBMS_LDAP.delete_s(s_session, v_user_attr || '=' || p_email || ',' || v_user_base);

n_retval := DBMS_LDAP.unbind_s(s_session);

The code is running and not erroring, delete_s returns a value of 50, which I assume means it has been successful as the documentation states any other returned value would be an exception.

The problem is when I log into Directory Administration the user is still there? I'm not sure if I am missing something obvious, but any help would be appreciate.

Many thanks,

Danny
Re: Deleting a User entry from OID using dbms_ldap [message #228583 is a reply to message #228284] Tue, 03 April 2007 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Check this

Quote:
delete_s returns a value of 50, which I assume means it has been successful as the documentation states

Assume ? Or is it actually in the documentation
Just sounds a bit strange that 50=success I would say 0=success

Re: Deleting a User entry from OID using dbms_ldap [message #228797 is a reply to message #228583] Wed, 04 April 2007 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chillindan
You are right 50 is insufficient privileges, but what is confusing is that the user I am using to perform the operation has the delete user privilege granted. So I am a little confused as to why I cant perform the delete operation, unless there is a less obvious privilege a user needs to be able to delete users?

Any more ideas?

Thanks.
Re: Deleting a User entry from OID using dbms_ldap [message #228821 is a reply to message #228797] Wed, 04 April 2007 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Do you have access to metalink ?

In that case check docid :334939.1
Subject: Example of Using DBMS_LDAP to Delete A User and UniqueMember from a Group
Re: Deleting a User entry from OID using dbms_ldap [message #228824 is a reply to message #228284] Wed, 04 April 2007 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

found this dont know if you seen it

Quote:
Problem

LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights.

Solution

The odi agent orclODIPAgentName=IPlanetImport,cn=subscriber profile,cn= changelog subscriber,cn=oracle internet directory does not have full read/write access to the synchronized entries in Oracle Internet Directory. Because the cn=oracleDASCreateUser,cn=groups,cn=oraclecontext,identity_management_realm group will already have the required ACLs defined, this entry should be a member of this group. In this case, <subscriber DN> is set to identity_management_realm. You must add the orclODIPAgentName=IPlanetImport,cn=subscriber profile,cn=changelog subscriber,cn=oracle internet directory user entry to the cn=oracleDASCreateUser,cn=groups,cn=oraclecontext,identity_management_realm group, so that it will have the required ACL access to perform the updates: In Oracle Directory Manager, navigate through: Entry Management ->dc=com,identity_management_realm,cn=oraclecontext-> cn=groups-> cn=oracleDASCreateUser. From here, against the attribute 'uniquemember' add: orclODIPAgentName=IPlanetImport,cn=subscriber profile,cn=changelog subscriber,cn=oracle internet directory.

source
Re: Deleting a User entry from OID using dbms_ldap [message #228893 is a reply to message #228824] Wed, 04 April 2007 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chillindan
Hi thanks for all the info posted here. I needed to add the 'manage account' privilege as well as the 'delete user' privilege.

All working fine now.

Thanks

D
icon14.gif  Re: Deleting a User entry from OID using dbms_ldap [message #228924 is a reply to message #228893] Wed, 04 April 2007 09:38 Go to previous message
tahpush

No Message Body
Previous Topic: show parameter db_name - Table or view does not exist
Next Topic: Encryption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:42:56 CDT 2024