Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Exporting schema of complete database for all the users
Exporting schema of complete database for all the users [message #224795] Thu, 15 March 2007 09:14 Go to next message
prashas_d
Hello All,

There is a database in which there are so many users and each have it's own schema.

Generally in order to export the schema of one particular user into a dump file, we will use the statement:

exp scott/tiger@sid1 file=expdat.dmp full=yes

But for exporting the complete database of all the users, then how can we do it?

Please let me know if it can be done?

Thanks in advance.

prashas_d.
Re: Exporting schema of complete database for all the users [message #224798 is a reply to message #224795] Thu, 15 March 2007 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
Please let me know if it can be done?
you can use FULL=Y

regards
Taj
Re: Exporting schema of complete database for all the users [message #224813 is a reply to message #224798] Thu, 15 March 2007 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashas_d
Taj,

Can u please provide me more details:

imp <username/password@sid> file=<filename> full=y

In the above command, I need to give the username and password. What I need is, to export the complete database for all the users. But what the above command does is, it will just export the schema for only one user.

Is there any such command which completely exports the schema of whole database instance(for all users) into a dump file?

prashas_d.
Re: Exporting schema of complete database for all the users [message #224814 is a reply to message #224813] Thu, 15 March 2007 10:31 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
exp system/oracle@orcl file=c:\schema.dmp log=c:\sch.log 

it will export only schema data.
or you can also use OWNER= for schema export.

exp system/oracle@orcl file=c:\whole_database.dmp log=c:\wd.log FULL=Y

it will export entire database.
NOte: you have FULL_EXP_DATABASE privs to export entire database.

regards
Taj

[Updated on: Thu, 15 March 2007 10:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: SQL LOADER DATE NULLIF, BIG PROBLEM !! - Urgent need of help !
Next Topic: import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 15:46:21 CDT 2024