Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Connecting Oracle 8 database to asp page.
icon7.gif  Connecting Oracle 8 database to asp page. [message #203762] Thu, 16 November 2006 04:30 Go to next message
anflava
Hi, I am a student trying to do a project in which my web pages are connected to a database developed using oracle 8. I am also a beginner in programming. Basically the function of my system is for users to be able to input data into the database through a webpage, as well as update data, and also run some queries. i already have the database, and the layout for the webpages (only in html, because I am just trying to teach myself asp)

If anyone is kind enough to help me figure a few things out, I would be very grateful.

Firstly, is it possible for me to connect to the database using asp codes? I have IIS installed and running.

Secondly, I don't know where to start first. Should I try to connect ODBC first?

Thank you in advance~
Re: Connecting Oracle 8 database to asp page. [message #204213 is a reply to message #203762] Sun, 19 November 2006 01:09 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

hi

i have not much idea about ASP but you can try connectivity through ODBC.

hope this helps
taj
Previous Topic: Oracle10g TableType changes 2 SYSTEM TABLE if "SYS" present in userName
Next Topic: errors while trying to start windows CSService 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:51:28 CDT 2024