Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Export Size.
Export Size. [message #202828] Mon, 13 November 2006 00:25 Go to next message
Brayan
Hi,

1. I have a database of size of 250 GB. I need to export this databse. For a size of 250GB database how much would be the export dump size(approx size), the reason is I need to allocate that much space for export.

2. I need to export the entire database, will this command do..or any other parameters required??

exp userid/password full=Y direct=Y File='/export/export.dmp'

Regards,
Brayan
Re: Export Size. [message #202837 is a reply to message #202828] Mon, 13 November 2006 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

hi brayan

if you'r using 10g ( expdp) instead of ( exp) utility and use
"ESTIMATE_ONLY" = Y
_____
ESTIMATE_ONLY
Default: n

Purpose

Instructs Export to estimate the space that a job would consume, without actually performing the export operation.

Syntax and Description

ESTIMATE_ONLY={y | n}

If ESTIMATE_ONLY=y, then Export estimates the space that would be consumed, but quits without actually performing the export operation.

Example

The following shows an example of using the ESTIMATE_ONLY parameter to determine how much space an export of the HR schema will take.

> expdp hr/hr ESTIMATE_ONLY=y NOLOGFILE=y

HOPE THIS HELPS.
Mohammad Taj.
Re: Export Size. [message #202840 is a reply to message #202828] Mon, 13 November 2006 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brayan
Hi Mohammad,

My database is "Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit Production"

I have another question

If I use "exp userid/password full=Y direct=Y File='/export/export.dmp' " will the constrint, grants, index Definations(not data) will be exported.

Regards,
Ronald.
Re: Export Size. [message #202849 is a reply to message #202840] Mon, 13 November 2006 01:12 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

hi brayan
exp userid/password full=Y direct=Y File='/export/export.dmp' rows=n -- for not data

for more info about exp
C:\>exp help=y

i have no idea about oracle 9i in exp how can know estimate size of dump file.

and above procedure create dump file without any data.

regards
Mohammad Taj.
Previous Topic: Wrap Utility not working
Next Topic: catproc.sql has no such statement to recreate/creat package DBMS_STANDARD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 15:49:30 CDT 2024