Home » Infrastructure » Windows » report ORA-12514 once restart Oracle 10.2 database
report ORA-12514 once restart Oracle 10.2 database [message #182086] Wed, 12 July 2006 22:59 Go to next message
dbtester
Oralce 10.2.0.1.0 for Micorsoft Windows(32bit)

I install Oracle 10.2 on Windows 2003, during installation, reports a waring at Product-Specific Prerequisite Checks:
Checking Network Configuration requirements ...Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<
Problem: The install has detected that the primary IP address of the system is DHCP-assigned.
Recommendation: Oracle supports installations on systems with DHCP-assigned IP addresses; However, before you can do this, you must configure the Microsoft LoopBack Adapter to be the primary network adapter on the system. See the Installation Guide for more details on installing the software on systems configured with DHCP.

I try to do below 2 ways respectively:
1. Modify the Network config from assign IP address automatically to specify static IP address.
2. Configure LoopBack.

then, Oralce can be installed successfully, then create database, connect to database... all work well.
But once I do restart(stop/start) the database server, then the database can not be connected with error ORA-12514. but I do not do any changes, only restart the database server.

I try to install Oracle10.2 on other clean machines with different OS, like Windows XP sp2, I got the same result.

Also, I doubt database server never do start when restarting it, although no error or warning is reported. because of I watch the system memory usage, I do not see any increase of memory when I start the database server, it's not normal.

I setup a Oralce10.1 server on the same machine, it has not this problem.

Could anyone help me to solve it?

Thanks verfy much.
Frank
Re: report ORA-12514 once restart Oracle 10.2 database [message #182110 is a reply to message #182086] Thu, 13 July 2006 02:40 Go to previous message
dbtester
paste the sqlnet.ora, listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and tnsping result, hope it is useful to find any clue.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

# This file is actually generated by netca. But if customers choose to
# install "Software Only", this file wont exist and without the native
# authentication, they will not be able to connect to the database on NT.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# listener.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\listener.ora

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
)

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = cnpb-dbserver5)(PORT = 1521))
)
)

------------------------------------------------------------------
# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora

ORA102EN =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = cnpb-dbserver5)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = ora102en)
)
)

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)
)
)

------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>tnsping ora102en

TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 13-JUL-2
006 14:24:40

Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = cnpb-dbs
erver5)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = ora10
2en)))
OK (30 msec)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: ODBC client install
Next Topic: Need help in calling parameterized SP in C#
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:54:12 CDT 2024