Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Oracle8i import hangs
Oracle8i import hangs [message #163016] Tue, 14 March 2006 10:22 Go to next message
s.podskubka
Hello everyone, I would really appreciate someones help in this matter, since I'm trying unsuccessfully export and import for two days now.

I have two databases, each one of them is version 8.1.5.
In the source database there is a user/schema which should be moved to the other database. This user has tables with nested tables, which appear to be part of the problem.

1. I created the user on the destination database
2. I did a user-level export on the source database: exp user/pass direct=n consistent=y compress=n statistics=none grants=n file=E:\temp\exp.dmp
3. I tried a user-level import on the destination database: imp user/pass file=E:\temp\exp.dmp

(When I do a DBA-export I always get messages of the kind 'could not find type ""."TYPE"', here the scheme seems to be empty, but in the table definition the scheme is filled)

Unfortunately, the import hangs with maximum CPU utilization by imp.exe at (german messages):

. Import USER's Objekte in USER
. . Import der Tabelle                      "TABLE"

I tried the steps in the following forum post:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/134342/0/#msg_134342

The second select statement gives me this result:

SID EVENT                                                            STATE                WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT
---------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- ---------- ---------------
         9 SQL*Net message from client                                      WAITING                      0             933

I can't figure a solution to this problem. Can anyone help me with this one?
Thank you.
Re: Oracle8i import hangs [message #164380 is a reply to message #163016] Thu, 23 March 2006 04:10 Go to previous message
s.podskubka
Could it be that the database schema in the source database is already corrupt and therefore the export also gets corrupted?

The thing is, I have two oder schemas with the same table structure as the first schema. They were manually created some years after the first schema.
When I export and import these two schemas, it works without a problem.

Is there a way to determine if the first schema is somehow corrupt (although the normal DML operations except export/import work)?
Previous Topic: SQL*loader problem (merged 3 threads)
Next Topic: loading selective data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 19:30:30 CDT 2024