Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import from Oracle to Access
Import from Oracle to Access [message #161084] Wed, 01 March 2006 22:52 Go to next message
deef
I need to import one of the view from oracle to Access through ODBC. Do anyone have know how to make it auto import everyday? Any tools can do this?
thanks
Re: Import from Oracle to Access [message #161657 is a reply to message #161084] Mon, 06 March 2006 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orajamzs
No idea of any such tool.
But we can manually import Oracle view into MS-Access database.If you are keen to know this i will post u that method.
Re: Import from Oracle to Access [message #161768 is a reply to message #161657] Tue, 07 March 2006 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
do not know how to automate ..but you can extract data from oracle in a csv file and access can convert or import from a csv file.

please check http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/flat/index.html

for how to get data into csv.
when you get done ,with automation, please post how you achieved..it would help me.
Re: Import from Oracle to Access [message #162251 is a reply to message #161768] Thu, 09 March 2006 07:03 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> I need to import one of the view from oracle to Access through ODBC
I do not understand the base question asked by OP. May be we using different terminologies.
Why would one "import" an oracle view?
In oracle, view is just a stored query. So you are running a query to extract the data.
Second, ODBC is just a link between two databases ( in this case an oracle and Access database). Since MS-ACCESS is the data requestor,
all you need to do is create a job(macro in MS terms?) within access to execute a local call to an ACCESS procedure/query that uses an ODBC link to talk to oracle. I am not into MS-ACCESS, so i have no idea how write a procedure in VBA or whatever the scripting is used.
Some microsoft forum should help.
But wait:
Seems you can just use a LINKED table in ACCESS.
Just looked into ACCESS help( that come along with the installation) and more options are listed in the same documentation.
Quote:

Automate importing, exporting, or linking of data by using a macro
Create a macro.
How?

Do one of the following:
To import, export, or link data between the current Microsoft Access database and another database, click TransferDatabase in the action list of a blank action row.

To import, export, or link data between the current Access database and a spreadsheet file, click TransferSpreadsheet in the action list of a blank action row.

To import, export, or link data between the current Access database and a text file, click TransferText in the action list of a blank action row.

Set the action arguments.

Click Save to save the macro.

Run the macro.
How?

For more information about the TransferDatabase action, click .

For more information about the TransferSpreadsheet action, click .

For more information about the TransferText action, click .

Previous Topic: Solaris patch to install Oracle10G
Next Topic: SQL*LOAD problem - loading date/time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 20:31:03 CDT 2024