Home » RDBMS Server » Security » oracle Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)'
oracle Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)' [message #155580] Tue, 17 January 2006 07:14
verus
Hello,

I don't work often with oracle but i have a problem with oracle clients and windows restricted users.

The client now is installed on a desktop pc that connects to an application that is using an oracle database.
The thing works great.

The desktop user is now logged in and has Administrative privileges. I want to give the user "restricted user" privileges and that's were it goes wrong.
When i do that, i get an error window (uploaded here).

/forum/fa/757/0/

on internet i found something:
Go to your ORACLE_HOME folder, D:\Oracle\Ora92 in my case, and pull up its properties. Then head to the security tab and select the Authenticated Users group. The three permissions that should be checked are Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read. Uncheck Read & Execute then RE-Check it again to reset permissions for everything underneath. Just to be safe, go into the ADVANCED settings and make sure that Authenticated Users has "This folder, subfolders and files" under the APPLY TO column. If not, double click on it and change the drop down to say that. It should say this already by now, but just be sure it does!

Reboot and everything should work as advertised

i did that, user has full control on the oracle directory and subdirectories and files but problem stays the same.

any ideas ? it would really help me alot.

grtz,
Verus.
  • Attachment: error.bmp
    (Size: 253.37KB, Downloaded 8174 times)
Previous Topic: Public DBA role
Next Topic: Detecting Computer Hardware Serials Using Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:31:47 CDT 2024