Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Multi-Org
Multi-Org [message #155320] Fri, 13 January 2006 17:40 Go to next message
manojr
Hi everybody,

one more query related to multi-org
How do we restrict other org from use of specific site e.g.

EMEA org has Global Supplier with two sites one in USA and other one in Paris, how do we restrict the USA org form using Paris Site of Global Supplier.

Please clarify.

Regards

Manoj

How do

Hi all
Does any one know about Multi Org Concept. If so i have one doubt and that is

IN multi Org ..does each Operating Unit have their own master table or transaction table. if i want to create one supplier in both operating unit then what should i do?? can i create it for both or Uniquely.

Thanks
shashidhar K
Report message to a moderator

Re: multi Org [message #155275 is a reply to message #155052 ] Fri, 13 January 2006 08:40
David.K.Dickson
ignore all messages by this user

Shashidhar,

The Supplier is defined once and is shared across orgs.

Supplier Sites must be defined for each org.

e.g. Let's suppose you have one org in USA and another in EMEA and both orgs deal with a supplier called Global Supplier. You set up the Supplier once. The USA org will set up the New York Office as a Supplier Site. The EMEA org will set up the Paris Office as a Supplier Site. If the EMEA org also deals with the New York Office, then the EMEA org will have to set up the New York Office as a Supplier Site, but this will have a different site id from the one in the USA org.

If you need further information, you should refer to the Payables User Guide. If you don't have a copy, you can download it from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

HTH

David.

Re: Multi-Org [message #155439 is a reply to message #155320] Mon, 16 January 2006 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
manojr wrote on Fri, 13 January 2006 23:40

..... how do we restrict the USA org form using Paris Site of Global Supplier.

Your AP Responsibility is attached to an org. When you log on, you only have access to Supplier Sites within that org. You do not have access to Supplier Sites in other orgs. Whatever Supplier Sites you build while logged on with that responsibility are only available to that org.

If both orgs do business with the same Supplier Site, then the Supplier Site must be defined within both orgs.

HTH

David.
Re: Multi-Org [message #155638 is a reply to message #155320] Tue, 17 January 2006 14:32 Go to previous message
manojr
Dear David,

Thanks for the information.

Regards

Manoj Ralegankar

Previous Topic: Auto Invoice
Next Topic: Ora Apps upgrade on new server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:00:50 CDT 2024