Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Interface problem......?  () 1 Vote
Interface problem......? [message #148301] Wed, 23 November 2005 08:58 Go to next message
Shaila.Mehra

Hi,
Can anyone provide me knowlege about interfaces that how do we built them.
As i am new to apps i want basic concepts.

Advanced thanks
Shaila.
Re: Interface problem......? [message #149792 is a reply to message #148301] Mon, 05 December 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prabhuapps
Mehra,

Basically we have two type of process to push the values in to apps tables.

1.Conversion
2.Interface

Conversion is a process of pushing the values into apps tables. This is one time use. (ex when we are upgrading our EBS version we will use conversion)

Interface is also a process of pushing the values into apps tables. But this is periodic use. We will schedule this weekly or monthly...etc(ex in mfg company every weekend they will run the interface to load the PO details)

Interface Steps

1. we will be getting flat file
2. we will create sql loader script (.ctl) file to transfer these flat file data to staging table.(Temp Table)
3a. we will create a package to fetch data's from staging table and it will push into interface table. Then we have to run the related concurrent prog to push those values into apps tables.
3b. Or we can create a package to fetch values from staging table and inside the package we can call related API to insert into apps tables.

For ex.. Recently i did for Price List
i used QP_PRICE_LIST_PUB.Process_Price_List (API) inside the package to push the values into apps tables.

Members,

if anything wrong please give me your suggestions...

regards,
Prabhu
Re: Interface problem......? [message #150827 is a reply to message #148301] Sat, 10 December 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shaila.Mehra

Thanks Prabhu for your great help.

Shaila.
Re: Interface problem......? [message #165441 is a reply to message #149792] Thu, 30 March 2006 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oraclehari

hi prabhu plz send me the coding for QP_PRICE_LIST_PUB.PROCESS_PRICE_LIST

i will fell great to this help!
Re: Interface problem......? [message #165477 is a reply to message #165441] Thu, 30 March 2006 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amankhan
Nice explanation prabhu,

Also, want to mention one more point to shaila.

When the data is pushed from staging table to interface table which is done through a procedure or package written, we do some validations in that procedure so that the right data enters in to the interface tables. The flat file data may not be correct and so we does validations in the pl/sql package to make sure that wrong data is left in the staging table itself and only the right data is entered in to the interface tables.

If there is a small percentage of wrong data, then we will change them manually, otherwise we will give them back the flat file and ask them to send it again with the right data.

A concurrent program is run to push the data from interface tables to base tables. This program is an inbuily pl/sql package which also does some validations so that the to ensure the right data is entered in to the base tables.

There may be many scenarios which the concurrent program may not handle and so thats why we do the validations while pushing data from staging table to interface table.

I can provide you with an example if u guys need them.

Thanks
Aman
Re: Interface problem......? [message #165537 is a reply to message #148301] Thu, 30 March 2006 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ankurjaiz
hi Aman,
thank u for that wonderful explanation.i would like to know some examples about validations in financials or any module...could u please send them to me or attatch them here sothat newbies like me can get get benifitted from it...
thanks a zillion in advance...
Ankur Jaiswal
ankurjais@yahoo.co.in
Re: Interface problem......? [message #165765 is a reply to message #148301] Sat, 01 April 2006 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonali_apps21
hi aman...
can i also get the material please...
thanks on advance
sonali
Re: Interface problem......? [message #165840 is a reply to message #165765] Mon, 03 April 2006 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kittu915
hi aman,prabhu...
Your explanations made my concept very clear...Iam very thankful for that...please if possible give us some real good examples so that will give us idea wots really happening in apps....very eager to see ur reply...

thanks again.
Kittu.
Re: Interface problem......? [message #167855 is a reply to message #165477] Mon, 17 April 2006 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sruthik
Hai Aman,

Would you give the valuable interface information..

I have a doubt, there are some standard packages andprocedures to upload the data from staging table to interface tables in different modules.

What are those standard procedures regularly using for..?

Your information will help me a lot..

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Sruthi
Re: Interface problem......? [message #169110 is a reply to message #148301] Tue, 25 April 2006 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srikanth_hans
refer to:
1) financial open interface manual
2)manufacturing open interface and api's
manual
you will get complete information.

bye.
Re: Interface problem......? [message #169162 is a reply to message #169110] Tue, 25 April 2006 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amankhan
Hi Sruthi,

These standard packages are provided by oracle. Instead of writing the whole interface code by ourselves, we will utilize those standard API's and write the interface. In our interface, we will code whatever the validations we want to do and to populate the data from stagin to interface tables, normally we use insert statement to push in to interface tables, instead here we call that API and some paramater values and it automatically calls that API and pushes the data in to interface tables.

As told by srikanth hans, you can refer those documents which gives the complete picture of all API's.

I can give you the link where you can find those files.

Thanks
AMan
Re: Interface problem......? [message #176435 is a reply to message #165840] Thu, 08 June 2006 05:50 Go to previous message
konka_kiran

Hi Amam & Prabhu,

Very Nice and clear Explaination. This really helps a lot to all the new-ones.

Regards,
kiran
Previous Topic: How to add more info toPO Approval WF Notification
Next Topic: Need info about Conversions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 31 20:26:26 CDT 2024