Home » RDBMS Server » Security » audit procedure inside a package
audit procedure inside a package [message #138121] Tue, 20 September 2005 04:06 Go to next message
sdecman
Hello to all!

Probably a stupid question to ask, but I'm really stuck...

We are doing some optimization and I would like to find out how many times a certain procedure is called. Because all our procedures and functions are stored inside packages, I really don't have a clue on how to approach this problem. I've set AUDIT_TRAIL=DB and AUDIT EXECUTE ON <package> WHENEVER SUCCESSFUL gives me only the package name, not the actual procedure being called.

Need some advice...
Thanks
Re: audit procedure inside a package [message #138217 is a reply to message #138121] Tue, 20 September 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
The easiest would be to add some coding to the procedures within this package to INSERT a row into an audit table whenever it is called.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: audit procedure inside a package [message #138256 is a reply to message #138121] Wed, 21 September 2005 00:37 Go to previous message
sdecman
Thanks for your reply.

Quote:

The easiest would be to add some coding to the procedures within this package to INSERT a row into an audit table whenever it is called.

I was thinking of it too, but since there are about 200 packages with at least 5 procedures per package there is a large amount of work to be done. I was looking for an "easy" solution to the problem, "straightforward" ones are usually considered as a last resort.

Regards,
Samo

Previous Topic: Auditing of sql text without using oracle audit
Next Topic: Setting new Password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:14:00 CDT 2024