Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » doubt on data group
doubt on data group [message #135018] Mon, 29 August 2005 08:29 Go to next message
ravibangalore2002
hi,
i need to get clarify abt the data group in apps.

i.e what is data group and while creating responisibilty what is the necessity of giving application name under data group text box, even we have already is given the application name under the responsibilty name.

navigation is
system adminstrator -> security->responsibilty-> define
go to this form and suggest me abt my query.

if we give the application name under responsibilty is oracle purchasing , and application name under data group is oracle receivables , what are the consequences that i will going to get.

Re: doubt on data group [message #135039 is a reply to message #135018] Mon, 29 August 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
From the Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide:

Quote:

A data group is a list of Oracle Applications and the Oracle username assigned to each application. Each application in a data group must have a Oracle username assigned to it. An application may be listed only once in a data group.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: doubt on data group [message #135219 is a reply to message #135039] Tue, 30 August 2005 08:50 Go to previous message
ravibangalore2002
what you are saying exactly true,but i am asking why we need to give application name under the data group name ,

for an example i am creating one data group with 3 applications and our data group name is 'test'
i.e 1. oracle purchasing
2. oracle payables
3. oracle general ledger
now i am creating one responsibilty 'resp1'
then we need give the data group name 'test'.
upto this there is no problem for me,
but my question is after u enter the name 'test' and u have to enter the application name again (mandatory column) ,

why we need to give the application name again , suppose if we enter oracle assets and which is not in our data group 'test'
then what would be the problem.

Previous Topic: Oracle CRM
Next Topic: Autopost - General Ledger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:23:29 CDT 2024