Home » Infrastructure » Windows » database start up priority
database start up priority [message #131514] Sun, 07 August 2005 23:55 Go to next message
owais303
hi,
I have two databases A and B residing on same machine,when i connect using following string
sqlplus /nolog
connect / as sysdba
startup
and then check SHOW PARAMETER command the paths etc are displayed corresponding to dtatabase B
and when i connect as
sqlplus username@A
Password ******
and then check SHOW PARAMETER command the paths are displayed
corresponding to A
In order to start database A issued following commands
sqlplus /nolog
connect / as sysdba
startup pfile='path of database A init.ora' but following error is returned "cannot mount database in EXCLUSIVE mode"
Kindly help me out

Re: database start up priority [message #131520 is a reply to message #131514] Mon, 08 August 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Hi,

if u want to start database A with the following option

connect / as sysdba

without specifying a service name then u hav to set an environment variable ORACLE_SID that will point to the name of ur database A rather than database B.

Simply u can do that

right click on my computer --> go properties --> Advanced tab --> U wil find Environment variables button ( click on it ) --> there u wil find two text boxes one for system variables and other for user variables --> Edit ur ORACLE_SID to the name of ur database A and save

now try to connect.

rgrds,
tarun
Re: database start up priority [message #131956 is a reply to message #131520] Wed, 10 August 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edcas
hi tarun,

I also hav the similar problem here. but I can't find the ORACLE_SID as u mention in the environment variable setting. Do i have to create a new one? if so, what is the path name?

Re: database start up priority [message #131960 is a reply to message #131956] Wed, 10 August 2005 02:58 Go to previous message
tarundua

Yea u can create a new one.

Simply u can do that

right click on my computer --> go properties --> Advanced tab --> U wil find Environment variables button ( click on it ) --> there u wil find two text boxes one for system variables and other for user variables --> add ur ORACLE_SID to the name of ur database A and save.

After that now database A has most priority.

so if u use

usname/psswd then u wil connect to database A.

and if u wil use

usrname/passwd@B then u wil connect to database B.

regards,
tarun
Previous Topic: PERL5LIB variable with aspn perl
Next Topic: OLE DB Drivers redistribution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:18:49 CDT 2024