Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » upgrade oracle 11.5.x to 11.5.10
upgrade oracle 11.5.x to 11.5.10 [message #130868] Wed, 03 August 2005 00:09 Go to next message
hema_thoota
hi
i have a question, what are the steps involved in upgrading oracle 11.5.x to 11.5.9/10 and can anybody help me in this please and any body tell me about base tables involved in HRMS module and if there are any interface tables available in it.
thanks
Re: upgrade oracle 11.5.x to 11.5.10 [message #130899 is a reply to message #130868] Wed, 03 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
For an overview of the tables in Oracle HRMS I suggest you take a look at the eTRM (Electronic Technical Reference Manual). The eTRM contains among other things a description of all tables and their columns with comments, descriptions and to some degree relationships. In order to access the eTRM you need access to Metalink.

Oracle HRMS is a bit different from the other "families" of applications in the E-Business Suite such as Oracle Financials and SCM.

For one thing you have the concept of date-tracked tables. These tables end with "_F" and contain two columns EFFECTIVE_START_DATE and EFFECTIVE_END_DATE which form the primary key together with a synthetic value taken from a sequence. The effective dates specify the time interval for which the record is valid. They cannot be NULL. For open-ended intervals the EFFECTIVE_END_DATE is set to what used to be as close to infinity as you could get in the Oracle Database 4712-12-31.

Example: the table containing information about assignments, PER_ALL_ASSIGNMENTS_F, the columns ASSIGNMENT_ID, EFFECTIVE_START_DATE and EFFECTIVE_END_DATE form the primary key.

Another column peculiar to Oracle HRMS is the OBJECT_VERSION_NUMBER which is a system-generated version number for the row. It increments by one with each update.

For information about interfaces I suggest you read the technical essays on APIs and Datapump in the Oracle HRMS Implementation Guide.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: upgrade oracle 11.5.x to 11.5.10 [message #134986 is a reply to message #130868] Mon, 29 August 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
newtoobang
Still not clear

Go through the query called

Select * from All_objects where object_name like '%HR%';

you will get list of all hr related information about the database and in the same way you can search the tables

select * from tab where tname like 'HR%';

hope this might be easy way to go ahead in 11.45.10 or else any version.

Cheers
lakki
Re: upgrade oracle 11.5.x to 11.5.10 [message #135037 is a reply to message #134986] Mon, 29 August 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
newtoobang wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 12:46

Go through the query called

Select * from All_objects where object_name like '%HR%';

you will get list of all hr related information about the database

This will not give you all the HR-related information. Not all database objects have HR in their name. You would have better luck using:

SELECT *
  FROM dba_objects
 WHERE owner = 'HR';

This will return anything in the HR-schema. As views, stored procedures and triggers are stored in the APPS-schema you cannot use the query above to find those, you could perhaps use something along the lines of

SELECT *
  FROM dba_objects
 WHERE owner = 'APPS'
   AND (  object_name LIKE 'PER%'
       OR object_name LIKE 'HR%'
       OR object_name LIKE 'PAY%'
       OR object_name LIKE 'BEN%'
       OR object_name LIKE 'PQH%'
       OR object_name LIKE 'AME%'
       );

There are probably more applications in HR than the ones above, but I cannot really remember them all.

Still, instead of querying the database, you could use the ETRM instead and get pretty much the same information with comments for the tables and views.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: upgrade oracle 11.5.x to 11.5.10 [message #135210 is a reply to message #135037] Tue, 30 August 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cadillac
Its easy to upgrae applications to 11.5.10. Depending on your current release it takes variable time for upgrade. I upgraded my application from 11.5.9 to 11.5.10 & was done in 4 days. This iwas the first Iteration & I faced many errors. this upgrade involved Applictaion upgrade, forms/reports upgrade & database upgrade to 9.2.0.6.

Re: upgrade oracle 11.5.x to 11.5.10 [message #140070 is a reply to message #130868] Fri, 30 September 2005 13:23 Go to previous message
AnalystParth
Hema,
I have had the opportunity to fight many such upgrades. Some humble suggestions from my end:
1. Follow the published upgrade doc very very carefuly. Oracle tests and tests and tests based on the published metalink doc and you are better off going through the upgrade processes point by point as they recommend it.
2. 11.5.x to 11.5.10 is toooo generic a statement. Let me give you an example to explain. One of the biggest jumps would be 11.5.5 to 11.5.6 where the CRM restructuring change itself will take the toll of days (if not weeks) of activity.
3. I take it you are asking about base tables of HRMS in relation to the upgrade activity? If I were you, I would not track individual tables simply because HRMS and its interdependency with other products such as FIN is inevitable and you will end up tracking just too many tables. After all, this is a complete apps upgrade, not just a HRMS product upgrade through a patchset.

-- Parth

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 13:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Urgent-------Oracle Reports
Next Topic: Cannot see APPSLOGIN page , gives error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 04:39:15 CDT 2024