Home » RDBMS Server » Security » roles and users-access(urgent)
roles and users-access(urgent) [message #13433] Mon, 12 July 2004 20:01 Go to next message
Deepa
Hello,

I have a user 'x' in oracle db who has been given access to a role.the role has access to database objects. Before  the user is able to access the database objects.but now he is not.

I checked the dba_role_privs and checked his access to the role and find that the role exists for this user.I don't know why he is not able to access.

Any idea on this????

Thanks,

deepa

Re: roles and users-access(urgent) [message #13434 is a reply to message #13433] Mon, 12 July 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Is the role set default?

check the user_role_privs table:
SQL> select granted_role
  2       , default_role
  3    from user_role_privs;

GRANTED_ROLE                   DEF
------------------------------ ---
CONNECT                        YES
RESOURCE                       YES
If the role is not set default, it is not enabled automatically and you have to set it manually through a SET ROLE... command.

MHE
Re: roles and users-access(urgent) [message #13435 is a reply to message #13433] Mon, 12 July 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepa
Hello,
When I check in user_role_privs it will give the details for my userid. I want the details w.r.t to some other userid.I checked in dba_role_rpivs which gives the default value as Yes for that role w.r.t that userid.

I don't know why the user is not able to access the objects though the role is set as default for that user.
Thanks,
Deepa
Re: roles and users-access(urgent) [message #13436 is a reply to message #13435] Mon, 12 July 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
You are not trying to access the objects through a stored procedure, are you? If you are, you need to grant access directly.

MHE
Re: roles and users-access(urgent) [message #13443 is a reply to message #13436] Tue, 13 July 2004 03:57 Go to previous message
Deepa
Hello Maaher,
I have created some database objects like tables,views,procedures,functions and triggers.i have granted access to all these objects to the role created by me.after that i have granted access to this role to all the database users who is in this database.

Thanks,
Deepa
Previous Topic: what is the diff. between Rights and Privilages
Next Topic: example to give privs on packages instead of give privs directly on table to user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:07:31 CDT 2024