Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Help needed - re-compilation of C programs under Oracle 9i
icon5.gif  Help needed - re-compilation of C programs under Oracle 9i [message #122175] Fri, 03 June 2005 09:45 Go to next message
marcusg
Hi folks,

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place, bit of a newbie!

I am trying to recompile some C programs following an upgrade of the application database from Oracle version 8.0.6 to 9.2.0

I am attempting compilation using Makefiles which in turn then include a Makefile.inc file ...

When running the make i get error messages relating to libraries not being found (for example - "ld: fatal: library -lnttcp: not found"). I can see that in the Oracle 9.2.0 /lib directory there are different/missing files to those referenced in the Makefile.inc, such as libnetv2.a, libnttcp.a, ligsql.a, libnetwork.a etc. So obviously the Makefile.inc was created based on the previous version of Oracle 8.0.6, under which these library files can indeed be found in the /lib directory ...

Does anyone have any experience of recompiling C programs following an Oracle upgrade, and/or creating and updateing Makefile.inc files? Any general advice/info/ideas about any of this?

Help!! Shocked

Thanks ...

Marcus Proud
Re: Help needed - re-compilation of C programs under Oracle 9i [message #122180 is a reply to message #122175] Fri, 03 June 2005 10:23 Go to previous message
Michael Hartley

Hi

I think this is a shared library path issue.

Refer to the "Installation and Configuration Guide" for your particular UNIX platform to find out the library path variable for that platform.

For most Unix systems you need to define the LD_LIBRARY_PATH path in the environment. This is usually done in the .profile or equivalent.

kind regards

Michael Hartley http://www.openfieldsolutions.co.uk
Previous Topic: how cobol program can run in oracle
Next Topic: Error ORA-12154
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:46:06 CDT 2024