Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Restricting Form Items based on user
Restricting Form Items based on user [message #113048] Wed, 30 March 2005 14:53 Go to next message
Steve Corey
Hello! I am fairly new to the concept of 'Oracle Security' so excuse me if I do not express myself correctly. I have a requirement to restrict a list of values in a form based on two variables: 1) who the current user is and 2) who the current user has assigned under them. I can obtain who the current user through a custom procedure a co-worker wrote, but how do I tell who is "assigned" to that person? The idea is that we are choosing local administrators who are responsible for say, entering time for somebody in their department. The local administrator would be able to enter our timecard system and in a drop-down list of values they should be able to see themselves as well as the employees "assigned" to them. I would think that this is done through the use of user_id's or person_id's or both, but I am not sure on how to go about this.

To clarify my own confusion, this does not have anything to do with subfunctions does it?

Thanks for any help!
Regards,
Steve
Re: Restricting Form Items based on user [message #113360 is a reply to message #113048] Fri, 01 April 2005 11:22 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
OK, I've figured out how to get the user and the assignees out of the DB and primed for analyzation in my form. If anyone is interested in how I accomplished this (well, I'll let you know when its done) leave a message.

Steve
Previous Topic: Oracle Label Security
Next Topic: password problem...?..urgent plss
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:22:55 CDT 2024