Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » export file not updating foir long time while export is running
icon7.gif  export file not updating foir long time while export is running [message #110814] Thu, 10 March 2005 09:52 Go to next message
ramya_jha
hi all
when ia m runnign the export i found the export file is updating but the
export log is not updating after a time.I started export yesterday 09-03-05
around 6.00pm but the export log file updated last around 8.10 pm yesterday but still the
export is running and the dmp file is updating .What may be the reason there is some transactions running still
on database. some jobs are still running.I found this problem last time also that time i give
consistent=y but now i didnt gave consistent parameter.I uses always compress=y wheter any relation with this .This
in oracle 8.17 in solaris 8 i am using split and compress in os level.
whether the log file will be update when the job completes.I am confused,is there any internal mechanism in oralce lock this file
in updating while transactions are going.
with regards
ramya
Re: export file not updating foir long time while export is running [message #110817 is a reply to message #110814] Thu, 10 March 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>export is running and the dmp file is updating
Means the export is still not yet done.
If you dont use consistent=y , you may get any kind of incosistency.
What is the volume of the database?

Re: export file not updating foir long time while export is running [message #110872 is a reply to message #110817] Thu, 10 March 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramya_jha
hi
The size of the dmp file while the logs is updated is around 250 mb now the size is around 1.8 GB but the log is not updating,there is some transactions running.Is those transactions preventing the export log updating.the size of db is around 25 GB.IF the export is not doing then why its increasing ( dmp file).How can i confirm whether it is valid export
with regards
ramya
Re: export file not updating foir long time while export is running [message #110874 is a reply to message #110872] Thu, 10 March 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I said the export is NOT YET DONE.
Means it is still 'doing the export'.

export is not a true backup.
>>,there is some transactions running.Is those transactions preventing the export log updating
export has nothing to do with transactions.
WHen export is done with constistent=n,
You can export in one session and let another transaction insert the table in another session.
YOur export is NOT CONSISTENT.

Re: export file not updating foir long time while export is running [message #110875 is a reply to message #110874] Thu, 10 March 2005 15:54 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>size of db is around 25 GB

I would not export anything that big ( on a regular basis as a mean for backup).
Export is a slow process.
Previous Topic: Export error in 10g
Next Topic: Using sqlldr to load multiple tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 08:59:57 CDT 2024