Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Need help in connecting Forum Builder to the database
Need help in connecting Forum Builder to the database [message #108849] Sat, 19 February 2005 03:46 Go to next message
Rajivcha
hi,
I am trying to connect the database through Forum Builder of oracle developer 2000. I have created a tablespace named my_tablespace in path c:\orawin95\database. I also have created tables in it and is clearly shown from the command line of SQL PLUS 8.0. The username and password for the tablespace created is mytable and mytable respectively.
After that I try to connect the form builder to the tablespace so created. But when I do so it displayes the error message

" Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154 "

I have been trying to connect the Form builder to my database for past 3 days and I havent been able to succeed. Also I wanted to know why the installer kept in the beginning of Oracle 8i doesnt install everything. It only installs the packages included under " Oracle for windows 95 " and doesnt have form builder, project builder ets i.e, the developer and when I install the developer it doesnt let me to saying that it has already detected the previous installation of Oracle. I then forced the installtion of developer changing the pervious directory name of oracle. After that the developer was working fine but then again you need to have the oracle engine, so I copied all the files of Oracle perviously installed things to the developer folder , then the engine of oracle started working and both of them were working fine but mind you independently. And when after creating tablespaces I tried to connect through Form Builder it displayed the error message given above.
It would be of great help if anyone could give me tips and suggest me what to do. I really want to learn oracle so please let me know about your suggestions and how I should tackle the problem.
Re: Need help in connecting Forum Builder to the database [message #108850 is a reply to message #108849] Sat, 19 February 2005 08:34 Go to previous message
sanchay
Hi,

First thing is that you should accept the fact that there could be multiple oracle homes on a machine.
Now Install oracle(database) on your machine, then install form builder and create a different directory for it. This new directory will be your home for Form Builder. Now when you open the form builder application after installation is complete, try to connect to database through form builder.
I guess I am of some help.
Previous Topic: Announcement: New Discussion Forum
Next Topic: Very Urgent Please help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:00:05 CDT 2024