Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Installing Oracle 9i on NT
Installing Oracle 9i on NT [message #101352] Tue, 24 August 2004 22:00
BarB
Ok, now first off I am a total database installation novice.  I am required to install Oracle 9i onto an old NT configured thus: a small partition with NT loaded and a second large partition (E:).

Downloaded all 3 Oracle.zip files and unzipped as directed to 3 folders on E drive.  All is well with that.  Now I run the setup.exe in Disk1 and it installs to my C: drives temp directory a time and date stamped OraInstall folder and ends.  So I go to the OraInstall to the setup.exe there and run this.  It cannot find the binjavaw.exe.  I copy this folder and file to under the directory and still nothing.  I change the oraparam.var file to an ini and edit it pointing the SOURCE to E:stageproducts.jar and the JRE_Version to the E:stagecomponents...win32 folder along with the OUI_Location.  Run the setup again.  Nothing.  No error messages, no hour glass, no install screen, no Oracle Folder in Program Files not a brass razoo.

I am now stumped after searching endlessly for help on Oracle, NT sites, help groups, you name it.  So any advice anyone can give me will be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.  Barb
Previous Topic: Oracle Installation crash
Next Topic: driver "microsoft ODBC for Oracle"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:43:07 CDT 2024