Home » Infrastructure » Windows » tnslsnr hanging
tnslsnr hanging [message #101273] Fri, 16 July 2004 01:18 Go to next message
raph
Hi there,

Please can someone help me out on the following ?

I want to install Oracle v8.1.7.0 on W2K SP4, running a Pentium 4.
That server is a new one (i.e. no previous Oracle installation).
After having renamed the symcjit.dll as symcjit.old, I ran the installation program. It went well until the DBCA tried to create a new database. Actually, it hangs, without any error messages, when trying to create the listener.
I then decided to skip this part to create and start the listener manually from DOS(c:>lsnrctl start listener), but I had the same problem. It still hangs.

I tried another time after deactivating the anti-virus (why - why not ???)but still the same thing.

I've seen several discussions about this but unfortunately no answer.
I don't think this comes from the listener.ora as I get the error when installing for the first time (so that file is created for the first time by the Oracle installer).
I'm actually wondering whether this might be caused by a specific service or DLL on the server I'm working on (I've already done the same install several times on the same kind of environment... successfully).

If someone has an idea, please share it with me ;-)

Cheers,
Raph
Re: tnslsnr hanging [message #101277 is a reply to message #101273] Sat, 17 July 2004 07:20 Go to previous message
raph
Found it.
I was using Terminal Server and there is a known bug with it when trying to run the tnslsnr.
I reckon there might be other problems like the 'ora-12560' when running the svrmgrl command.

Unfortunately, this bug is not to be fixed.
Previous Topic: Access and Oracle ODBC Problem
Next Topic: converting text file into oracle table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:42:53 CDT 2024