Home » Infrastructure » Windows » ORACLE 9i Install Win XP Hangs 40% HEELLLP PLS!
ORACLE 9i Install Win XP Hangs 40% HEELLLP PLS! [message #100910] Fri, 13 February 2004 17:25 Go to next message
Priggs
I have done everything in the world to get Oracle 9i Rel 1 Database on my computer and others, and even got a second copy. 

Windows XP PRO, 516MB, 1.2Ghz, 30 Gig What more do I need?  I select next to install the "stage/products.jar" file, the 'progress bar' appears and all is well until 40%; then it states 'products loading' and the disk skips endlessly in the drive on every computer I have tried.  NO error messages pop up.  I tried installing it directly on the hard drive without UnivInst and it won't let me either. 

I see others have had it hang at various points, but no real solution is stated.  If anyone has even a clue, please, please I have spent three weeks of countless hours on this and I NEED it working...

Thanks!
Re: ORACLE 9i Install Win XP Hangs 40% HEELLLP PLS! [message #100934 is a reply to message #100910] Tue, 24 February 2004 20:55 Go to previous message
Maaher
Last week, my Oracle 9i rel 2 installation froze at 59% on our Win 2K pro box. Finally, I noticed that a Sun SDK was installed on the machine. I had to uninstall ALL Sun Java components and retry the Oracle installation. It worked like a charm.

MHE
Previous Topic: problem creating 10Gb datafile on Win2k
Next Topic: Installing Oracle 9i App Serv on XP Pro
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 22:23:19 CDT 2024