Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle 8.1.7 Client installation issue on Windows NT SP 6a
Oracle 8.1.7 Client installation issue on Windows NT SP 6a [message #100620] Tue, 11 March 2003 16:17 Go to next message
Ryan Hodapp
Please help.

I'm trying to install the Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 Client on a Windows NT machine w/ Sp 6a, and everything seems to be running fine for a while. I am able to select the "Application User" option and the installation commences until about the 87% mark when the installer just terminates. There are no errors and it doesn't hang, the installer just completely terminates.

When I open the file "installActions.log," I am presented with the following errors after the standard initialization information at the top of the file:

Unable to read C:Program FilesOracleInventory/Contents/CompsList0.ser. Some inventory information may be lost.
Unable to read C:Program FilesOracleInventory/Contents/PatchesList0.ser. Some inventory information may be lost.

Any ideas?
Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Client installation issue on Windows NT SP 6a [message #101196 is a reply to message #100620] Tue, 15 June 2004 23:01 Go to previous message
Corin Casey
I have the same issue, was wondering how you resolved the problem?

Regards,

Corin Casey
Previous Topic: INSTALLATION PROBLEM FOR ORACLE 8i AND DEVELOPER 6i IN PENTIUM 4
Next Topic: Upgrading OS from SP 3 to SP4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:37:10 CDT 2024