Home » Infrastructure » Windows » oracle 8i service is not starting up after first time
oracle 8i service is not starting up after first time [message #100139] Wed, 07 August 2002 04:17 Go to next message
Prabahar
Hai all,

after the installation is over. for the first time oracle is working fine, but after restarting the system it is giving me the "error 1053 service unable start the request". in WINDOWS XP

Thanks and Regards
Prabahar
Re: oracle 8i service is not starting up after first time [message #100204 is a reply to message #100139] Fri, 06 September 2002 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stewart Tebay
Are you running on a P4 processor?

This is because symcjit.dll is a incorrect version, as oracle installer is probably already installed on the machine, the dll will exist within the folder.
Delete the dll and check out
http://www.intel.com/design/processor/future/manuals/knownissue.htm
Once you get the new dll run it up,
Tell me how it goes.

Regards

Stewart
Re: oracle 8i service is not starting up after first time [message #100945 is a reply to message #100139] Fri, 27 February 2004 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanmeet
i am having the same problem...please reply
Re: oracle 8i service is not starting up after first time [message #101146 is a reply to message #100139] Wed, 26 May 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P.Chowdhury
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem.
Re: oracle 8i service is not starting up after first time [message #191448 is a reply to message #100139] Wed, 06 September 2006 07:04 Go to previous message
henry.flagler
OK. Here's the solution !!!

Disclaimer: This is highly UN-professional but it would help you to make a back up of your data before doing what Oracle/MS professionals tell you to do.

Procedure:
(You must follow this procedure step by step.)

Step 1: Open the services window and start the TNS listener ... if you have the OracleService(NAME) error 1053 problem, then I assume the TNS at least starts without problems.

Step 2: Once the TNS is started, open the Task Manager / Processes tab.

Step 3: Start the OracleService(NAME) from the Services window. Read this carefully before starting it: in the Processes tab at your Task Manager, two new process will appear: ORACLE.EXE and ORADIM.EXE. Usually when people have the 1053 error problem, the ORACLE.EXE occupies some 7,444 KB of memory space and stacks there with no progress. YOU MUST KILL THE ORADIM.EXE PROCESS ONCE IT APPEARS AT THE PROCESS TAB OF THE TASK MANAGER. Click it with your right-mouse-button and select End Process option.

Step 4: Go back to your Services window and you will see that OracleService(NAME) is marked as started, but it is not REALLY started. However, the window of opportunity for your OracleService to be REALLY started has been already opened.

Step 5: Launch your DBA Studio in a stand alone mode. It will list all of the databases that could be mounted to your system if started. Try to log to your preferred database by logging your self with the INTERNAL username/password.

Step 6: Go to your preferred database, expand its tree, go to Instance tree, expand it, go to Database with your right-mouse-button click and select Startup.

Then you must start biting your fingernails and pray it starts with no problems.

If it says successfully started database, then PLEASE copy/paste this procedure at every forum where you posted your question and help other Oracle sufferers. This is by all means the best database created on earth and it must not be left unused because of the 1053 error.

Well, have a nice day. My suggestion is that you do a backup instantly when you start your database and then seek a professional help, for this procedure is absolutely not professional, though the database works perfectly correct.

Best regards, HF
Previous Topic: problem in installing 8i
Next Topic: 10g requirements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:55:21 CDT 2024