Home » Infrastructure » Windows » ODBC - Connection
ODBC - Connection [message #100026] Sun, 23 June 2002 02:01 Go to next message
Ibrahim
Hi All,

I was trying to get connected with the Oracle Database through VB. I am not well in Oracle. But I know VB well. I tried to create a new System DSN thorugh Oracle ODBC Driver but failed. I struck with the UserID and Service Name that to be filled while creating the DSN.

I am using Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition which installed in my PC. I am used to Login to Oracle by default user name and password that scott and tiger. I created a table and inserted data directly from SQL prompt. How I can connect with that table through VB? what user ID and Server Name (Service Name) should I enter while creating System DSN?

Your help and support would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Re: ODBC - Connection [message #100031 is a reply to message #100026] Mon, 24 June 2002 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jamal
Hi,

Service Name is combination of oracle client and server machine names.This is created when you connect an oracle client machine with the oracle server machine.If you are in client/server, then you can follow the steps to create a SERVICE NAME, in my reply to JYOTHI ABRAHAM query.
Once you create the SERVICE NAME you provide this name in creating ODBC.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks
Re: ODBC - Connection [message #100033 is a reply to message #100031] Mon, 24 June 2002 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ibrahim
Hi Jamal,

Thanks for your reply.
There is no client installed in my pc. In this case, what should do to get connected to Oracle?

Thanks and regards,

Ibrahim
Re: ODBC - Connection [message #101065 is a reply to message #100031] Mon, 12 April 2004 02:42 Go to previous message
Ravichandran
Dear sir,

How can connect the odbc to oracle.Please give me the details of the above subject.

regards
Ravi
Previous Topic: getting started with ADO and Oracle
Next Topic: Oracle Developer installation problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:11:06 CDT 2024