Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Item Cost Absorbtion.
Item Cost Absorbtion. [message #96536] Wed, 15 December 2004 01:08 Go to next message
Ihab Harb
General Question about Oracle E-Business Suite 11i - Receiving...

<UL type=disc>
<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: red; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Costing calculation and GRN accounting when the actual quantity is received lower than the Invoice or higher than the Invoice from the supplier;
<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: red; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Scenario 1: Under Receipt – 100 units received from the supplier and 2 units are damaged. Cost should be abosorbed in 98 good units.
<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: red; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Scenario 2: Over Receipt – 102 units received from the supplier instead of actual 100 units. Cost should be abosorbed in 102 good units.

[/list]
Re: Item Cost Absorbtion. [message #96538 is a reply to message #96536] Wed, 15 December 2004 05:57 Go to previous message
Murtaza
1. I am presuming that supplier will not replace the 2 units which are damaged. In this case, you should setup a GL account for Defective/Damaged goods. Receive the 100 items and then do an account transaction, move the 2 defective items in the damaged good account. If you have set this up properly, the accounting should be correct.

2. I am presuming that supplier will not charge you extra for the 2 extra units. If your over receipt tolerance is set correctly, you should be able to receive the 2 extra units and cost would then be absorbed in 102 units. I think it should work but not certain.
Previous Topic: Oracle 11i Technical Consultants - Chicago, IL
Next Topic: Oracle 11i Training (Financials, Manufacturing & Apps DBA)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:39:00 CDT 2024