Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle 11i, Parties to Customers
Oracle 11i, Parties to Customers [message #94837] Wed, 17 April 2002 08:08 Go to next message
Rich Oszakiewski
Hi, I'm new to this user group and I have a couple of questions. In Oracle 11i, the ra_customers, ra_addresses_all, ra_phones, ra_contacts tables are no longer being loaded. Now the hz_parties, hz_party_sites, hz_location, etc. tables are being used. The question that I have is when does a party become a customer? When does the party table information get used/converted to the customer tables. You can have a party that isn't yet a customer but you cannot have a customer that isn't a party. What triggers this transformation to occur? Thanks for your help!
Re: Oracle 11i, Parties to Customers [message #94884 is a reply to message #94837] Thu, 23 May 2002 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SQL Samurai
The varios HZ_* tables are part of Oracle's Trading Comminity Architecture. There still exists ra_customers anf the other objects, but these are now views that refer to the hz_* tables. When you create a new customer in say Accounts Receivable or Order Management, it populates the hz_* tables. I think there is a field called PARTY_TYPE which can be values such as ORGANIZATION, etc. The various ra_* views will still show this information. The base ra_* tables are no longer being used. But the views are there for backwards compatability.
Re: Oracle 11i, Parties to Customers [message #94886 is a reply to message #94837] Thu, 23 May 2002 07:59 Go to previous message
SQL Samurai
The varios HZ_* tables are part of Oracle's Trading Comminity Architecture. There still exists ra_customers anf the other objects, but these are now views that refer to the hz_* tables. When you create a new customer in say Accounts Receivable or Order Management, it populates the hz_* tables. I think there is a field called PARTY_TYPE which can be values such as ORGANIZATION, etc. The various ra_* views will still show this information. The base ra_* tables are no longer being used. But the views are there for backwards compatability.
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle Applications 11i Installation - Device Busy Issue
Next Topic: Re: Oracle Financials Consultant
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:53:04 CDT 2024