Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Oracle 9i OCI (Solaris vs AIX)
Oracle 9i OCI (Solaris vs AIX) [message #94475] Tue, 14 December 2004 10:33 Go to next message
Andrea
Are there any known incompatibilities between the OCI of an Oracle 9i Client running on Solaris 8 and the OCI of an Oracle 9i Server running on AIX 5.2

We are trying to establish a session using the OCISessionBegin function from an Oracle 9i cliente on a Solaris 8 environment against an Oracle 9i server on an AIX 5.2 environment and we get the following error message:

"ORACLE error: try_login: OCISessionBegin: code 12705, op 0
=ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified"

Grazie.
Re: Oracle 9i OCI (Solaris vs AIX) [message #94525 is a reply to message #94475] Wed, 05 January 2005 00:30 Go to previous message
Michael Hartley

Hi,

Have you confirmed you can connect from the client home to the database using sqlplus?

If you cannot, then resolve all issues preventing sqlplus connecting to the database. There should be no operating system type/version inhibiting your connectivity.

If you can connect using sqlplus but your OCI application connect still fails you will need to explore your NLS_LANG parameter settings on the client machine. eg. export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 where WE8ISO8859P1 is my NLS_CHARACTERSET=WE8ISO8859P1 from "select parameter, value from v$nls_parameters;"

Michael Hartley
Openfield Solutions Ltd
www.openfieldsolutions.co.uk
Previous Topic: pro*c varchar datatype
Next Topic: pro*c when fetch out of sequence will come
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:08:57 CDT 2024