Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Relinking errors on HP11 and Oracle 8.0.5
Relinking errors on HP11 and Oracle 8.0.5 [message #94088] Mon, 26 January 2004 02:43 Go to next message
Tebogo
Hi

I am experiencing a compiler error when instaling Oracle 8.0.5 in HP11 64bit. I have C++ compiler installed in the server but somehow the installation requires ansi C compiler of which it is highly expensive.

Command: make -f /oracle/ZAD/network/lib/ins_network.mk ntcontab.o

(if [[ "compile" = "compile" ]] ;then
/oracle/ZAD/bin/gennttab > ntcontab.c ;
/opt/ansic/bin/cc +DA2.0W +DS2.0 +ESlit -c ntcontab.c ;
rm -f /oracle/ZAD/lib/ntcontab.o ;
mv ntcontab.o /oracle/SBX/lib ;fi)

I am experiencing BUG 743638, and it is recommended that I replace all make files. My problem is where do I get all these new make files because I have created a stage area and in the stage area there are only compressed files i.e. (rdbms.mk_) kind of files.

Any Idea
Re: Relinking errors on HP11 and Oracle 8.0.5 [message #94248 is a reply to message #94088] Fri, 04 June 2004 18:24 Go to previous message
Frank Scherie
Hello,

First of all, reanimating Oracle 8.0.5 is like night of the living dead - 8.0.5 desupported than more than 4 years - no fix, no support :-(

Due to the fsct that Oracle 8.0.5 comes with the old text based Installer I would suggest you to install a FULL Oracle RDBMS and CLIENT into a new Oracle Home - select everythink vou can select - after installation do a "find" over the mount point as root. than you normally should get ins_rdbms.mk, ins_network.mk etc

Frank Scherie
Senior Support Engineer
Previous Topic: Pro*C on Sus 8.2
Next Topic: Where can I download Pro*C/C++ Precompiler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:10:03 CDT 2024