Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Re: LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
Re: LNK2001: unresolved external symbol [message #94064] Sun, 07 December 2003 07:26
Eric
Basically, the LNK2001 unresolved external symbol error means that something that your program wants or needs in order to compile, the program or more specifically the compiler can't find it.

There can be a lot of reasons that your compiler can't find the files it needs. Just a few suggestions, don't know if they will help, but it could be how you are specifying the .h includes. If you say #include "ocidem.h", someone else can correct me if I am mistaken, but from my experience, that tells the compiler to look in the current project directory for the ocidem.h file. You can move the file there to see if is correct. If you use #include < ocidem.h >. that tells the compiler to look in the include location. You set your include location, but what about your library location?? Did you tell VC++ where to find the oci.lib?? Similar drop down as the include. Another time I just restarted Visual Studio and my LNK2001 errors disappeared. Another time, a friend of mine had LNK2001 errors and it was because he included his source code into the project as .cc instead of .cpp. So yeah, there could be a lot of reasons.
Previous Topic: Pro C
Next Topic: Inserting XMLType through OCI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:09:20 CDT 2024