Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl orlon(struct cda_def *,unsigned char *,unsign
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl orlon(struct cda_def *,unsigned char *,unsign [message #94061] Fri, 05 December 2003 03:36
Alfageme
Hello everybody!
I have seen your question and i think that i have the same problem. I am trying to compile a C program that uses oci but get the following linker error. I'm running Oracle 9i on Windows 2000, compiling with Microsoft Visual C++ .net.

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl orlon(struct cda_def *,unsigned char *,unsigned char *,int,unsigned char *,int,int)" (?orlon@@$$FYAHPAUcda_def@@PAE1H1HH@Z).

1_ I do this: Tools->Options->Projects->VC++ Directories, in the drop down menu titled Show directories for:, select Include files, and then type in the directory for the include file: d:oracleora90ociinclude.
2_ In my program i write:
#include ocidfn.h
#include ocidem.h
#include ociapr.h
#include oratypes.h
3_ And to link i do this: on the main toolbar select Project->Properties->Linker->Input and the "Additional Dependencies" line, add the library (only one): oci.lib.
But after these steps, i get allways the same error.
Can you tell if i donīt use correctly the visual studio .net or if i am not including the right library.

Regards and throw a hand, please.
Previous Topic: ora-01008 migration 7.3.4 9.2
Next Topic: Pro C
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:09:01 CDT 2024