Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » OCI and Authentication/Security on Windows platfomrs
OCI and Authentication/Security on Windows platfomrs [message #94035] Fri, 24 October 2003 10:25
Ali
Hello,

I have a program that uses OCI to connect to a database instance on a Windows (W2K or later) box. I want to be able to run the program without supplying any username and password exactly like running sqlplus and issuing "connect / as sysdba" I am aware that in order to connect to the db using sqlplus as described above, there needs to be certain OS and Oracle configuration settings in place (setting authentication type to NTS and including the OS user in the ORA_DBA group...)

I have tried both olog and OCILogon and tried to connect to an Oracle DB instance using INTERNAL as the OS owner of the database which succeeds on UNIX but not Windows. Has anyone else tried this? How can I make it so that my binary does not require a username and password on windows if is being executed by an OS user that has the proper privileges?

Thank you
Previous Topic: sqllda-function
Next Topic: Database Error ,sql code 2063837854
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:27:20 CDT 2024