Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Urgent, Using Pro*C/C++
Urgent, Using Pro*C/C++ [message #93738] Sun, 01 December 2002 07:53 Go to next message
PraD
Hello, everybody. I am totally new to Pro*C. Can any body give me the details of how to configure precompiler on both windows and Unix O/s. I have gone thro many User manuals. Is there any S/W pre-requsites.
I cant find all the necessary files like make,proc in my proc80 folder under Oracle home. Is my installation is incorrect. similarly, there as per the manual , Oracle provides some User interface for the Pro* C programming. I also cant find the .exe for the same.
Presently I am using Oracle8.0.3 on Windows NT .
Is any of VC++ or Boroland Enviornment necessary befor installing the Oracle .

Pl. help me urgent.

thanks in advance,
-Prad
Re: Urgent, Using Pro*C/C++ [message #93741 is a reply to message #93738] Thu, 05 December 2002 15:52 Go to previous message
Les Corson
I am assuming that you are looking for a client Pro*C program.
For the client Pro*C you will need to get Pro*C from the 8.0.3 Oracle client CD, not the developer CD's. It is just a proc compiler and you will need C compliler to create objects and executables, but is not a requrement of the install process.
Borlands C compiler will not link to Pro*C (according to Oracle) whereas VC++ can (once again according to Oracle).
That is about as much as I know, the Unix environment that I use was setup by my DBA and I know on Oracle 9.2 it was a dodgy installation to say the least!

Cheers
Previous Topic: occi link problem
Next Topic: Support of Long Long data type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:54:06 CDT 2024