Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » URGENT!!! HELP ME Please ... UNABLE to Insert into ORACLE
URGENT!!! HELP ME Please ... UNABLE to Insert into ORACLE [message #93586] Thu, 11 July 2002 01:34 Go to next message
sofian wijaya
Is This how you insert into Oracle using Pro*C?

I am unable to insert this into my database ... very frustrated ... have checked all possibilities that I can think of ... datatype is correct ...

EXEC SQL
INSERT INTO met_sltpmgww
(
session_number,
po_rcv_number,
org_lvl_child,
org_lvl_number,
tag_indicator,
tran_type,
ticket_source,
prd_lvl_child,
prd_lvl_number,
prd_sub_class,
vendor_number,
vpc_case_pack_id,
slt_qty_desired,
prd_sll_uom,
prd_lvl_parent,
prd_lvl_parent_id,
curr_code,
last_pis_date
)
VALUES
(
:gi_session_num,
:gi_document_num,
:gi_org_lvl_child,
:gi_org_lvl_number,
:gca_tag_indicator,
:gca_tran_type,
:gi_ticket_source,
:gi_prd_lvl_child,
:gca_prd_lvl_number,
:gca_prd_sub_class,
:gca_vendor_number,
:gca_vpc_case_pack_id,
:gd_slt_qty_desired,
:gca_prd_sll_uom,
:gi_prd_lvl_parent,
:gi_prd_lvl_parent_id,
:gca_curr_code,
:gca_last_pis_date);
EXEC SQL
COMMIT WORK;
Re: URGENT!!! HELP ME Please ... UNABLE to Insert into ORACLE [message #93587 is a reply to message #93586] Thu, 11 July 2002 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nina
1) do you get an error message if so then which?

2) I looked at our Pro*C's looks the same, the only thing is that I do not see u including the reference to the SQL Communication Area or did you just not include in your portion of code..you probably did?

EXEC SQL INCLUDE SQLCA

3)Can you flag your :variables through the program?
Before you do an insert, do printf of :gi_session_num and the rest of ur variables.

4) Is the table that you are trying to insert to in your own schema and do you have insert privileges?
Re: HELP ME Please ...URGENT...How to Connect Turbo C++ with Oracle [message #93678 is a reply to message #93586] Mon, 07 October 2002 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saravanan
Sir,

Please send me the code to connect Oracle With Turbo C++ which has to run in MS-DOS. Please, do send me as early as possible.

Regards,
Saravanan
Re: HELP ME Please ...URGENT...How to Connect Turbo C++ with Oracle [message #93886 is a reply to message #93678] Wed, 05 March 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manoj kumar pandey
HELP ME Please ...URGENT...How to Connect Turbo C++ with Oracle
Re: HELP ME Please ...URGENT...How to Connect Turbo C++ with Oracle [message #94083 is a reply to message #93886] Sun, 18 January 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sudarshan
HI Manoj,

I also want to know how to connect to Oracle from Turbo C++. Did u get any answer to your question. I mailing you assuming that you might have got some info on this. Please share with me in case if you have any solution to this.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudarshan.
Re: HELP ME Please .URGENT.How to create a Turbo C+ programthat accepts text [message #94096 is a reply to message #93886] Thu, 12 February 2004 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nj
Please help me. i want to know how to create a program that accepts a string and deletes the repeated letters
like for example the "mississippi" the result will be "misisipi". please help me wiht this one..
Re: URGENT! HELP ME Please . UNABLE to Insert into ORACLE [message #94148 is a reply to message #93586] Wed, 31 March 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaustubh Deshpande
What is the value of SQLCODE immediatly after INSERT statement ,

I think that will solve the problem.

What is the sQL code ?

regards,
Kaustubh
Re: HELP ME Please .URGENT.How to Connect Turbo C+ with Oracle [message #94153 is a reply to message #93886] Sat, 03 April 2004 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bibin
HELP ME Please ...URGENT...How to Connect Turbo C++ with Oracle
Re: HELP ME Please .URGENT.How to create a Turbo C+ programthat accepts text [message #94404 is a reply to message #94096] Wed, 13 October 2004 16:32 Go to previous message
Bora Jallow
ineed turbo c+ in order to be able to make some practice how to write c program
Previous Topic: A Simple Program of Pro*c with Oracle 9i Compatable
Next Topic: Unsupported OVER Keyword
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:00:51 CDT 2024