Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Why Oracle Designer is not happy to run?
Why Oracle Designer is not happy to run? [message #90817] Tue, 25 January 2005 02:56 Go to next message
Alexander Prohorenko
Hello.

I was going to try Oracle Designer as a CASE tool for modeling and designing a new database, so I started Repository Administration Utility and installed a Repository.

The Repository Status shows now:

Oracle Repository (TM): Release 4.0.12.94.24 - Production

However, when I started Oracle Designer and connected, I've got the following:

CDR-20043: Non-versioned repository has no workarea or insufficient privileges

How could it be?

I created a repository and trying to connect using the same user, with a DBA role. Do I have to add any more additional privilleges to a user and repeat the process?

Thank you.
Re: Why Oracle Designer is not happy to run? [message #128657 is a reply to message #90817] Wed, 20 July 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mparhiz
Hi
I have same problem with this Problem.
What should I do?
Thanks
Re: Why Oracle Designer is not happy to run? [message #128715 is a reply to message #128657] Wed, 20 July 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
MetaLink Note:135213.1 addresses this issue.

1. You need to grant select to the repository owner on SYS.V$PARAMETER
2. Uninstall the repository
3. Reinstall the repository

MHE
Re: Why Oracle Designer is not happy to run? [message #153359 is a reply to message #128715] Sun, 01 January 2006 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KHOS
you need that execute flowing commands .
1-
grant execute on dbms_lock to repose owner;
grant execute on dbms_pipe to repose owner;
grant create table to repose owner;
grant create view to repose owner;
grant create procedure to repose owner;
grant create synonym to repose owner;
grant create sequence to repose owner;
grant select on sys.v_$nls_parameters to repose ownerwith grant option;
grant select on sys.v_$parameter to repose owner;
grant select on dba_rollback_segs to repose owner;
grant select on dba_segments to repose owner;
grant create any synonym to repose owner;
grant drop any synonym to repose owner;
2- uninstall repository;
3- install repository;

khosravi
Re: Why Oracle Designer is not happy to run? [message #167648 is a reply to message #90817] Sat, 15 April 2006 00:36 Go to previous message
mobinejaz
Laughing Not only Oracle Designer but entire ORacle product doesn't run smoothly. This is the difference between Mr. Bill Gates and Mr. Larry Elison (Oracle) Laughing
I first used Oracle in 1999. Although I liked development in Oracle but I realised that to be a good developer or any other role, you should be all rounder about knowing very well the Oracle file structure, directories, when you run the query, what happens behind the scenes and etc,etc... one must work very hard like Alexender The Great (who conquered the world) if a little wish is there to have command in Oracle/Oracle products.
In fact, I've also left Oracle to have only medium skills in it only because of it's unavailability, the software being expensive, Your fingers get broken by typing questions on forums, brain gets stuck by viewing strange messeges, it's files easily get corrupted and it's jobs are good but are few and great competition is there for interviews & work as compared to friendly Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Informix,and other technologies. I have observed that in technical forums about 80% of people ask about warning messeges of technology and software application usage problems are the victims of Oracle! Laughing

Now, to solve your problem, you can give privileges to your user role by using Server Admin GUI. Definitely, a privilege warning means that you are finguring Oracle without having enough rights granted to you. Every user has a registered repository to work. You either haven't made/designated for you or you are without any privileges to make changes to it.
Install the repository; try this.
Grant select to the repository owner (on SYS.V$PARAMETER) then
Uninstall the existing repository and after that Reinstall the repository.

hope this will solve your problem Cool

bye dear. Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 15 April 2006 00:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: cost management project oracle 10g any help?
Next Topic: Oracle 10g error INS0029
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:56:26 CDT 2024