Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Reverse Engineering
Reverse Engineering [message #90652] Tue, 29 June 2004 11:54 Go to next message
Viswa Peesapati
Is there any way, I can reverse engineer the database objects into Designer9i? I mean not the Designer repository objects. I want to get the objects from one schema into Repository. I am thinking this should be possible, but not sure how to do this.

Can any one throw some light on this.

Thank you,

viswapsp@hotmail.com
Re: Reverse Engineering [message #90653 is a reply to message #90652] Tue, 29 June 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Sure:
Oracle Designer > Design Editor > New Server Model
Genetare > Capture Design of... > Server Model

Setting up the containers isn't very intuitive. Search for a note on metalink or the otn forums.
Re: Reverse Engineering [message #90655 is a reply to message #90653] Wed, 30 June 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viswa Peesapati
Hi Andrew,
Here is what I did. Created a new work area. created a database and user under that. In the design editor, Generate>Capture Design of > Server Model. Entered the source database user and password along with Connection string.
On the second tab, chose few objects and started doing reverse engineering. Thinking it is too much time consuming process, as it could not finish 450 objects in around 6 hours.

It has given the following message: I am thinking the reason for the following error is "Server (This is a development server) has been shutdown after 6 hours for other reasons. And I am thinking this message is due to that, though not positive.

Now I am just trying with selecting fewer objects (225)
RME-02107: Cannot fetch without 'select' variables defined

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RME-02125: Failed to fetch next row(s)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RME-02107: Cannot fetch without 'select' variables defined

Cause
-----
Internal software problem. An attempt was made to
fetch from a cursor without any SELECT variable defined.

Action
------
RME-02125: Failed to fetch next row(s)

Cause
-----
An error occurred while attempting to fetch the next row(s)
in an open cursor.

Action
------
Examine reported errors for specific details.
Re: Reverse Engineering [message #90656 is a reply to message #90655] Wed, 30 June 2004 10:42 Go to previous message
andrew again
Sorry, but I'm not familiar with that error. Do you get the error even after restarting Designer?
Previous Topic: RDBMS
Next Topic: Best Practice for Batch Processing of Large Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:22:29 CDT 2024