Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Import Designer 2000 Web PLSQLs into Designer 9i
Import Designer 2000 Web PLSQLs into Designer 9i [message #90645] Tue, 22 June 2004 02:47
Raz
Hiela there,
I am total dodo when it comes to Designer and i have just started out on exploring this humongous apps.

Some smart bloke decided to change a till now less used Client application coded in Designer 2000  and....  here i am!

So here goes..
i have a Web application generated entirely through Designer 2000 toolset.  Its working in the production environment without any glitches. Currently no Designer repository is maintained on the production sever or anywhere else and all Web PL/SQL code is available only as database packages.

Now I need to enhance this app. I am using Designer 9iDs and need to import all the packages and procedures created for the web application (using Designer 2000) into the Designer 9i repository.

Can this be done at all? All guides point to creating/connecting to a repository and then creating new Web pages using web server generator. But i need to modify an existing Web PL/SQL page. Do i have to re-write the entire thing as the code is not maintained in any repository OR is there any way i can extract these stored packages from the database onto the newly created repository and then start modifying from there?

PS: I am not sure if the above write up is making any sense to you!

Thanks for any help
Cheers
Raz
Previous Topic: Please Help out Me , (Mutilple Schema VS Single Schema ) Most Most Urgent
Next Topic: Determinng the size to create a tablesize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:49:47 CDT 2024