Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Sizing the SGA components prior to going into production
Sizing the SGA components prior to going into production [message #90495] Mon, 08 December 2003 06:06 Go to next message
ashok
Hi all,

We have developed an internet based e-bussiness application and we are using oracle 8i. Although we have designed the complete physical database/schema and it is operational.

Now we are planning to go live on production and plan to have V880 sun sparc servers with 4 GB RAM. I would like you all to share your experience in capacity planning specially sizing the SGA.

1. Is there any methodological way to come up with proper initial size for the SGA and its components – buffer cache size, shared pool size, large pool size and log buffer size? Please note the word ‘initial’, I am aware how to monitor SGA and suggested modification in the parameters. But what abt ‘initial’?
2. The Number and size of the Redo logs?
3. The Number and Size of the Rollback Segments?

Just to give you an idea, the size of the database is approx. 80 GB and the total RAM of the server would be 4 GB. There are around 300 tables and a lot of packages/procedures.

Also, are there any documents available on net, can anyone provide details?
Also, are any documents available with anyone who would like to share with me?

Regards
Ashok
Re: Sizing the SGA components prior to going into production [message #90534 is a reply to message #90495] Tue, 27 January 2004 13:14 Go to previous message
Martyn Roberts
Ask Tom's website, http://asktom.oracle.com/, is very good for this sort of thing.
I searched for "shared pool size" and found quite a bit of information.
Previous Topic: Oracle
Next Topic: Errors when altering tables ro create foreign keys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:58:23 CDT 2024