Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » unable login to oracle using sql
unable login to oracle using sql [message #74631] Mon, 24 January 2005 11:16 Go to next message
halliyur
I installed oracle 9i, to my windows XP. I am unable to login through sql plus, can anyone please let me know, what will be the username and password. I know this seems to be a small problem, but I have struggled a lot with it.
Thanks
Re: unable login to oracle using sql [message #74635 is a reply to message #74631] Mon, 24 January 2005 17:34 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
I am also running 9i on Windows XP. If you installed the server, not just the client, then you should have been prompted for passwords during the installation, as I was, and hopefully you remember them or wrote them down. It should have prompted you for passwords for sys and system. Orlace 9i requires that if you connect as sys or system that you connect as sysdba. Hopefully, you also installed the scott schema used for demos. If so, you should be able to connect as user scott and password tiger and leave the connect string blank. If you still have problems, please confirm that you installed the server, indicate what you have tried, and what error message you received.
Previous Topic: Import error.
Next Topic: How to repeat columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 11:12:23 CDT 2024