Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Exporting table data, recreate database, and importing data
Exporting table data, recreate database, and importing data [message #74570] Fri, 07 January 2005 13:14
Geoff
The project I am working on frequently adds fields to tables. Currently we run a script that drops all the tables in the database, recreates the tables (including any new fields), and then populates some of the tables with our default data.

However, our default data isn't always up to date, so I need to come up with a method to save the data in these tables, and then repopulate the tables after recreating the database.

For example, I need to keep the users table which has the fields "id, username, password, level". Then we modify our table structure to add the field "address" to the table. So I need a method that will be able to take the data from the original table, and then load it into the new table.

I've tried using the Oracle data pump, but the data pump replaces the new table structure with the original one. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to accomplish this?

I am using Oracle 10g RAC on Red Hat Linux AS 3.0. Thanks for your help!
Previous Topic: Using Sequence In Sql Loader
Next Topic: urgent exp-00056 error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 09:23:57 CDT 2024