Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » very Urgent Help
very Urgent Help [message #73861] Tue, 27 July 2004 00:23 Go to next message
pulkit
HI,

I am trying to Load data from a d1.dat file through SQL Loader.The table in which i am inserting the data has one column as CLOB. Single row in the d1.dat file contain information for all the columns of the table including the CLOB. After the data gets inserted when i select the record i am unable to see the complete data that should get inserted into the CLOB coulmn.

Can any one tell me how to load data into CLOB from a common file that contains data for other columns also.

Thanks in advance.

Pulkit

Re: very Urgent Help [message #73871 is a reply to message #73861] Tue, 27 July 2004 21:26 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
It should load just like any other column. When you say that you can't see the complete data, do you mean that part of the data in the clob column is visible, but truncated? Perhaps the problem is not in the loading, but in how you are selecting. Can you select the length of the clob column and compare that to what you are seeing? That would enable you to determine if the problem is with loading or the selecting.
Previous Topic: using sql plus and ctl file
Next Topic: sqlldr :Date format problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 09:01:13 CDT 2024