Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Full Database Export Import (Privileges not getting granted)
Full Database Export Import (Privileges not getting granted) [message #72844] Sun, 16 November 2003 08:04 Go to next message
Prashant Nair
Hi all,

I have taken a full database export from db1 which had some users. Now these users had object privileges granted to each other and also had some privileges on objects owned by sys. I want to import the entire database to another db (db2) which is totally fresh. I precreated the tablespaces in db2 and then did a full database import. Now as expected the users got created in db2 and also had the relevant roles and privileges granted to them except for the object privileges that they had on objects owned by sys (eg select on V_$PARAMETER, execute on DBMS_PIPE,... etc).

So I expect that when we do a full database import all the users, roles etc get created and the various privileges that they have on each others objects and also other privileges get granted to them automatically.

Can someone please tell me why the object privileges did not get granted to the users and is my expecation correct or is there something I am missing.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Prashant
Re: Full Database Export Import (Privileges not getting granted) [message #72850 is a reply to message #72844] Mon, 17 November 2003 05:36 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
please check the log file for import for any specific errors like "insufficient privs".
sometimes to grant the object privs, u have to be the owner of the object.

Previous Topic: SQL *Loader multiple table insert problems
Next Topic: Re: sql loader manual
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 06:57:50 CDT 2024