Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQL*Loader
SQL*Loader [message #72806] Tue, 28 October 2003 07:22 Go to next message
Tearese
Hello, I am trying to load an external data file into an Oracle database using the Data Manager in OEM. I have created the control file which includes the information on the data source and table into which the data must be loaded. The job is executed successfully but, fails to load the data. The error message I am getting is "VNI-4052: Invalid target or target type". Please help! I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks,
Re: SQL*Loader [message #72869 is a reply to message #72806] Tue, 25 November 2003 08:01 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Ensure that you run your loader job against a machine target and not against a database target. Also see if this is an issue:

VNI-4052: Invalid target or target type.

Cause: This may occur if jobs or events are submitted against a target that is no longer recognized by the Agent. This happens if a previously discovered target is deleted or if there are configuration problems on the Agent host.

Action: If the target has really been removed, its information also needs to be removed from the Enterprise Manager console. First delete any existing jobs and events against that target. Then delete the target from the console navigator tree.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: Import tables order
Next Topic: Oracle Error 01401 on Import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 07:04:36 CDT 2024