Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » ORA- 27101 shared memory realm does not exist
ORA- 27101 shared memory realm does not exist [message #72105] Mon, 10 March 2003 06:22 Go to next message
John Roxburgh
Hi there
I have come across a little problem.....
I have installed Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. on a win 2000 server using minimal install.
This went fine.
I have used the Oracle assistant to create a database and I have checked the registry so the Oracle_home and the Oracle_SID is correct plus the listenr.ora file is correct.
I can log into my enviroment but if I stop and start the service I get Ora-27101 shared memory realm does not exist!!!!

If I use ORADIM -STARTUP -SID SLAMUAT -USRPWD MANAGER -STARTTYPE SRVC -PFILE D:oracleadminslamuatpfileinitslamuat.ora
ORADIM -STARTUP -SID SLAMUAT -USRPWD MANAGER -STARTTYPE inst -PFILE D:oracleadminslamuatpfileinitslamuat.ora

It works fine and I can log in. If I just start the instance service from windows 2000 services (I can do for my other databases) it throws up the error. It is as if it is not reading the registry for where the pfile resides and it is trying to startup the database pointing to the wrong pfile area.... It is causing problems when running scheduled tasks starting up the database. I have three other win 2000 servers running several databases and there are none of these problems. I should be able to stop and start the databases using the windows services within the server manager console, I should not be having to specifiy the Pfile ever time I want to start the database.

The only other thing is that the pfile does not reside in the default loaction ora81database
it is in its own folder... This has not caused any problems on any of the other servers

Any ideas??????? Help!!!! LOL
John
Re: ORA- 27101 shared memory realm does not exist [message #72143 is a reply to message #72105] Mon, 24 March 2003 00:24 Go to previous message
Yash Vijayvergiy
ORA-27101 shared memory realm does not exist

Cause: Unable to locate shared memory realm.

Action: Verify that the realm is accessible

Previous Topic: table locks
Next Topic: LOADING PROBLEM IN SQL LOADER (MULTIBYTE CHARACTER ERROR)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 13:26:53 CDT 2024